WORLD’S LARGEST VERTICAL BELT REELER
Bosworth was approached by Sasol, Flexco and ELB Engineering to fabricate and build a vertical belt reeler for the Sasol Impumelelo Project. The reeler was constructed and preassembled successfully at the Bosworth factory. The 9 metre diameter reel weighing more than 35 ton will be installed on top of the mine shaft and when fully loaded will hold 150 ton of conveyor belt. The belt reeler will be used to store and unspool 2 195 metre of conveyor belting in a single operation, when the mine’s main decline shaft becomes operational. Although its primary job is initially to spool the new belt onto the conveyor, it will then be used to store replacement belt that can quickly be utilised to replace damaged areas or even the whole belt if required.
Noteworthy projects for the supply of Conveyor Pulleys:
- Taiwan Power Station - Demag
- Most power stations in South Africa.
- Syferfontein Overland - 16 Km long conveyors +- 1000 kN resultant loads.
- Iscor Grootegeluk plants +- 500 pulleys including feeder drive for 4m wide belt, 1200 diameter with 420 diameter shaft. Total mass of pulley 14,6 tons.
- De Beers - Jwaneng & Orapa in Botswana.
- Richards Bay Coal Terminal.
- Majuba incline conveyor, 1500 diameter, 380 diameter shaft, 1200kN resultant tension, 3MW power installed.
- Secunda Collieries.
- Taiwan Power Station - Transfield Australia
- Overland Conveyor - Peru
- Twistdraai Export Facility - Sasol Coal
- Israel Electric Spares - Israel
- Collahausi - Feeders and Inplant - South America
- Cement Plant - Taiwan
- Stacker/Reclaimers - Maritsa Power Plant - Bulgaria
- Randgold Somisy SA - Mali West Africa
- Escondida Feeders and Overlands - South America
- Batu - Indonesia
- Medupi Power Station
- Utkal Alumina International Project – India
- Kusile Power Station
- Mechanisation of GCB at Visakhapatnam Port – India
- Tweefontein Optimisation Project
- Nacala Port – Mozambique
- Moatize Phase II – Mozambique
- Qatar Port – Qatar
- Assmang Black Rock Expansion
- Thai Bin 2 Thermal Power Plant - Vietnam